The National Health Reform Agreement (NHRA) and the National Health Reform Act 2011 (the Act) require IHPA to publicly report on its activities and disclose information in certain circumstances. IHPA is also bound by other legislative requirements including the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (FOI Act) and the Information Publication Scheme (IPS) which provide a legislative framework for disclosure of government information to the public.
Information released by IHPA falls into one of two categories:
- Protected Pricing Authority information; and
- Non Protected Pricing Authority information.
- IHPA recognises that access to high quality, nationally consistent health information is essential for the conduct of research and analysis and to inform the development of policies for improving health outcomes for all Australians.
IHPA does not collect or store patient-identified data.
- Information release policy - Version 4.1 - May 2018 [PDF]
- Information release policy - Version 4.1 - May 2018 [Word]