ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS Eleventh Edition, implemented 1 July 2019, is the current edition used for classifying episodes of admitted patient care across Australian hospital services.
Below are a number of resources which are used to support the use of the Eleventh Edition.
- Learn about the use of the Eleventh Edition via the Australian Classification Exchange (ACE)
Summary of changes
National coding rules
Coding advice in the form of national coding rules are generally published every quarter. National coding rules are maintained on the Australian Classification Exchange (ACE) which has a list of current and updated coding rules.
Clinical updates have been developed for clinical coding education purposes and can be used over multiple editions, where appropriate. Previously the clinical updates were located under national coding rules but as they are for education purposes only, and do not contain rules for coding, they are now provided separately.
For access to mapping tables please visit the IHPA Mapping Tables page.
ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS classification system products
You can purchase the following products for the ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS classification system and the AR-DRG classification system:
- ICD-10-AM Tabular List
- ICD-10-AM Alphabetic Index
- ACHI Tabular List
- ACHI Alphabetic Index
- Australian Coding Standards
- AR-DRG Definitions Manual
- Mapping tables between ICD-10-AM/ACHI editions
- Electronic Code Lists (ECLs)
No licence agreement is required to purchase ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS classification system or AR-DRG classification system products if you are located within Australia, however international users may be required to sign a licence agreement to use these products.
- For more information on which editions are available for purchase and information on licence agreements, please see Products and licences.