You are here
The goal of the Consultation and review of the AR-DRG and ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS Classification Systems report was to review the end-to-end development processes, implementation arrangements and user needs in developing and implementing updates to the following classifications, now and into the future:
As prescribed in Section 225 of the National Health Reform Act 2011, the objectives of the IHPA Work Program are to:
- set out IHPA’s work program for the coming year; and
- invite interested persons (including states and territories) to make submissions to the Pricing Authority about the Work Program up to 30 days after publication.
An extract of Section 225 of the Act is attached at Appendix 1.
There is a growing discussion in Australia and internationally about the need to increase focus on delivering value-based health care with a focus on patient outcomes and experience.
IHPA’s Pricing Guidelines and the National Health Reform Agreement include provisions for IHPA to consider the impact on its work of evidence‑based, effective new technologies and innovations in models of health care.
The ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS classification system is comprised of the following classifications:
- International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems, Tenth Revision, Australian Modification (ICD-10-AM)
- Australian Classification of Health Interventions (ACHI)
- Australian Coding Standards (ACS)
ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS Eleventh Edition is published as a set of five volumes which contain the following products: