National Efficient Cost Determination 2022–23
- Publication Date:March 23, 2022
- Primary Keyword:National Efficient Cost Determination
The Independent Hospital Pricing Authority is established under the National Health Reform Act 2011 (the Act) and by virtue of section 131(1) of the Act is invested with the following functions relevant to this National Efficient Cost Determination 2022–23 (this Determination):
- to determine the efficient cost for health care services provided by public hospitals where the services are block funded
- to develop and specify classification systems for health care and other services provided by public hospitals
- except where otherwise agreed between the Commonwealth and a state or territory – to determine the public hospital functions that are to be funded in the state or territory by the Commonwealth.
This Determination is used by the Administrator of the National Health Funding Pool to determine the amount of funding provided by the Commonwealth to local hospital networks.