National Efficient Cost Determination 2019-20
- Publication Date:March 5, 2019
- Primary Keyword:National Efficient Cost Determination
The Independent Hospital Pricing Authority (Pricing Authority) is established under the National Health Reform Act 2011 (Cth) (the Act), and by virtue of section 131(1) of the Act is invested with the following functions relevant to this 2019-20 National Efficient Cost Determination (Determination):
- to determine the national efficient cost for health care services provided by public hospitals where the services are block funded;
- to develop and specify classification systems for health care and other services provided by public hospitals;
- except where otherwise agreed between the Commonwealth and a state or territory – to determine the public hospital functions that are to be funded in the state or territory by the Commonwealth.