Impact of New Health Technology Framework
- Publication Date:June 15, 2018
- Primary Keyword:Framework
The objective of the IHPA Impact of New Health Technology Framework (the Framework) is to outline the process by which IHPA, through the CAC, will monitor and review the impact of new health technologies on the existing classifications in order to accurately account for them in the pricing of public hospital services.
In consultation with the CAC, IHPA will:
- review monitoring reports on the emergence of new health technologies and submissions received from other stakeholders;
- review the impact of new health technologies on the classification systems currently used by IHPA to determine the NEP; and
- determine whether and how the classification systems should be adjusted in response.