ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS Eleventh Edition
- Publication Date:July 1, 2019
- Primary Keyword:Admitted care classifications
The ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS classification system is comprised of the following classifications:
- International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems, Tenth Revision, Australian Modification (ICD-10-AM)
- Australian Classification of Health Interventions (ACHI)
- Australian Coding Standards (ACS).
The ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS classification system used in conjunction with National Coding Advice and the Clinical Coding Practice Framework.
ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS Eleventh Edition supersedes ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS Tenth Edition and is applicable for separations from 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2022.
ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS Eleventh Edition is published as a set of five volumes which contain the following products.
ICD-10-AM Tabular List of Diseases (Volume 1)
The ICD-10-AM Tabular List contains the disease classification at the three, four and five character levels with a symbol to indicate Australian codes. A listing of the three character categories is included, as are the below four appendices.
- Appendix A – Morphology of neoplasms
- Appendix B – Special tabulation lists for mortality and morbidity
- Appendix C – Unacceptable principal diagnosis codes
- Appendix D – Classification of hospital acquired diagnoses (CHADx)
ICD-10-AM Alphabetic Index of Diseases (Volume 2)
The ICD-10-AM Alphabetic Index of Diseases is used to locate diagnostic terms to be coded. The ICD-10-AM Alphabetic Index contains many diagnostic terms that do not appear in the ICD-10-AM Tabular List. The ICD-10-AM Alphabetic Index contains the below three sections.
- Section I – Alphabetic index of diseases and nature of injury
- Section II – External causes of injury
- Section III – Table of drugs and chemicals
ACHI Tabular List of Interventions (Volume 3)
The ACHI Tabular List contains the interventions classification and includes the following appendices.
- Appendix A – Mapping table for MBS items not included in ACHI
- Appendix B – ACHI code list
ACHI Alphabetic Index of Interventions (Volume 4)
The ACHI Alphabetic Index is used to locate procedural terms to be coded. The ACHI Alphabetic Index contains many procedural terms which do not appear in the ACHI Tabular List.
Australian Coding Standards (Volume 5)
The Australian Coding Standards contains the national standards that provide guidance in the application of the ICD-10-AM and the ACHI codes. he below appendix is included.
- Appendix A – Clinical coders’ creed
To purchase ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS Eleventh Edition, please visit the Lane Print website.
Please note, the purchase and use of these products are subject to licence arrangements – further information can be found on the Lane Print website.