You are here
Development of the admitted care classifications
The Independent Hospital Pricing Authority (IHPA) released a public consultation paper outlining the major changes for the following classifications used in admitted care:
- Australian Refined Diagnosis Related Groups (AR-DRG) Version 11.0
- International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems, Tenth Revision, Australian Modification (ICD-10-AM) Twelfth Edition
- Australian Classification of Health Interventions (ACHI) Twelfth Edition
- Australian Coding Standards (ACS) Twelfth Edition.
Collectively the diagnosis and intervention classifications and standards are known as ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS and underpin the AR-DRG classification.
IHPA invited all interested stakeholders to provide feedback on the major changes proposed for ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS Twelfth Edition and AR-DRG Version 11.0.
Submissions for this consultation closed at 5pm AEST on Tuesday 22 June 2021.
All submissions are published unless respondents specifically identify sections that they believe should be kept confidential due to commercial or other reasons.
- Development of the admitted care classifications (PDF)
- Development of the admitted care classifications (Word)
- Abbott Medical Australia
- Austin Health
- Australian Institute of Health and Welfare
- Clinical Coder’s Society of Australia
- Metro South Local Health Network, Queensland
- New South Wales Ministry of Health
- Pacific Knowledge Systems
- Palliative Care Nurses Australia
- Queensland Nurses and Midwives Union
- South Australian Department of Health and Wellbeing
- Stryker South Pacific
- TAFE Digital