The Independent Hospital Pricing Authority (IHPA) today released its draft Work Program 2018-19 for public consultation until Tuesday, 5 June 2018.
All interested parties are encouraged to submit their feedback during this consultation process to help inform IHPA’s Work Program for the 2018-19 financial year.
IHPA is an independent government agency established by the Commonwealth as part of the National Health Reform Act 2011. A key component of the Act is for IHPA to determine a Work Program for the coming financial year.
The draft Work Program 2018-19 outlines IHPA’s objectives, performance indicators and timeframes and includes the following key deliverables:
- determination of the National Efficient Price and National Efficient Cost for public hospital services
- Activity Based Funding classification system development and revision
- management of the international sales of the Australian Refined Diagnosis Related Group (AR-DRG) system.
The public consultation process demonstrates IHPA’s ongoing partnership with a broad range of stakeholders to improve the value of the public investment in hospital care.
Some of the key achievements from IHPA’s Work Program for 2017-18 include:
- development of the Australian Modification of the International Statistical Classification of Diseases 10th Edition
- completion of the costing study of teaching, training and research activities
- IHPA’s Activity Based Funding Conference 2017 and the 33rd Patient Classification Systems International Conference 2017.
IHPA reports on the progress of its Work Program in its Annual Report.
Submissions can be emailed to submissions.ihpa [at] ihpa.gov.au or mailed to PO Box 483, Darlinghurst NSW 1300 by 5.00pm AEST, Tuesday 5 June 2018.
– ENDS –
For more information contact:
IHPA Media and Communications Section
E: communications.ihpa [at] ihpa.gov.au P: 02 8215 1110