Media alert, 8 May 2017
The Independent Hospital Pricing Authority (IHPA) today released its draft Work Program 2017-18 for public consultation until Wednesday, 7 June 2017.
All interested parties are encouraged to submit their feedback during this consultation process to help inform IHPA’s Work Program for the 2017-18 financial year.
IHPA is an independent government agency established by the Commonwealth as part of the National Health Reform Act 2011 (Act). A key component of the Act is for IHPA to determine a Work Program for the coming financial year.
The draft Work Program 2017-18 outlines IHPA’s objectives, performance indicators and timeframes as they relate to the following key deliverables:
- Development of the Pricing Framework for Australian Public Hospital Services 2018-19.
- Determination of the National Efficient Price and National Efficient Cost for public hospital services.
- Patient classification system development and revision.
- Development of data requirements and standards.
- Support of ABF research and education.
- Management of the international sales of the Australian Refined Diagnosis Related Group (AR-DRG) system.
- Resolution of cross-border disputes and assessment of cost-shifting disputes between jurisdictions.
The draft Work Program 2017-18 includes some new deliverables regarding pricing and funding for safety and quality following from the Heads of Agreement signed at the Council of Australian Governments meeting in April 2016 and subsequent Direction from the Commonwealth Minister for Health.
IHPA reports on the progress of its Work Program in its Annual Report.
The draft Work Program 2017-18 is available at www.ihpa.gov.au.
Submissions can be emailed to submissions.ihpa [at] ihpa.gov.au or mailed to PO Box 483, Darlinghurst NSW 1300 by 5.00pm AEST, Wednesday 7 June 2017.
– ENDS –
For more information contact:
Anna Flynn, Manager, Communications and Media
E: communications.ihpa [at] ihpa.gov.au M: 0430 105 665