You are here
IHPA releases Work Program 2013-14 for public comment
The Independent Hospital Pricing Authority (IHPA) today released its Work Program 2013-14 for public consultation.
IHPA’s Work Program is revised and published each financial year. It outlines IHPA’s objectives, performance indicators and timeframes for the coming year. This includes developing the Pricing Framework for Australian Public Hospital Services 2014-15, the national efficient price (NEP) and the national efficient cost (NEC).
Shane Solomon, IHPA Chair, said that the feedback gathered during the public consultation process is vital in helping to inform the final Work Program for 2013-14.
“Consulting with the public improves IHPA’s efficiency, accountability and transparency and helps to drive the financial sustainability of public hospital services into the future. I encourage all interested parties to provide a submission,” said Mr Solomon.
IHPA will report on the progress of its Work Program in its Annual Report.
IHPA’s Work Program for 2013-14 includes:
- Development of the Pricing Framework for Australian Public Hospital Services 2014-15.
- Determination of the NEP and NEC for public hospital services.
- Activity based funding (ABF) classification system development including progress towards a new classification system for mental health services.
- Development of data requirements and standards.
- Public hospital services costing development.
- Supporting activity based funding research and education.
The Work Program 2013-14 is available at www.ihpa.gov.au.
Submissions should be emailed as an accessible Word document to submissions.ihpa [at] ihpa.gov.au or mailed to PO Box 483, Darlinghurst NSW 1300 by 5pm on Monday, 15 July 2013.