Media release, 26 June 2018
The Independent Hospital Pricing Authority (IHPA) today released its IHPA Work Program 2018-19, following a period of public consultation.
IHPA is an independent government agency established by the Commonwealth as part of the National Health Reform Act 2011. A key component of the Act is for IHPA to determine a Work Program for the coming financial year.
The IHPA Work Program 2018-19 outlines IHPA’s objectives, performance indicators and timeframes as they relate to the agency’s key deliverables. Some highlights from this year’s publication include:
- determination of the National Efficient Price and National Efficient Cost for public hospital services
- development of a framework for the proposed evaluation of pricing and funding for safety and quality
- completion of work on the AR-DRG Version 10 and the Australian Modification of the International Statistical Classification of Diseases 11th Edition
- Activity Based Funding (ABF) classification system development and revision
- management of the international sales of the Australian Refined Diagnosis Related Group (AR-DRG) system.
The public consultation process demonstrates IHPA’s ongoing partnership with a broad range of stakeholders to ensure sustainable, efficient and timely access to quality health services for all Australians.
IHPA reports on the progress of its Work Program in its Annual Report.
The IHPA Work Program 2018-19 is available on the IHPA website.
– ENDS –
For more information contact:
IHPA Media and Communications Section
E: communications.ihpa [at] ihpa.gov.au P: 02 8215 1110