The Independent Hospital Pricing Authority (IHPA) has released its IHPA Work Program 2018-19 for public comment. Public comment will be open from Monday, 7 May 2018 to 5pm Tuesday, 5 June 2018.
IHPA’s Work Program is revised and published each financial year. It outlines IHPA’s objectives, performance indicators and time frames for the coming year, this includes:
- Development of the Pricing Framework for Australian Public Hospital Services 2019-20
- Determination of the National Efficient Price (NEP) and National Efficient Cost (NEC) for public hospital services
- Activity Based Funding (ABF) classification system development and development
- Development of data requirements and standards
- Data collections development
- Supporting ABF research and education
- Management of the international sales of the AR-DRG system
- Resolution of cross-border disputes and assessment of cost-shifting disputes between jurisdictions.
Digital and hard copy submissions are welcome. Submissions will be published in their original format on this page as soon as possible after they are received.
Please forward digital submissions to submissions.ihpa [at] ihpa.gov.au. Preferred formats include .docx, .pdf and .rtf. If the content has been emailed to IHPA the text of email submissions will be reproduced in Word format.
Hard copy submissions
Please forward hard copy submissions to:
Independent Hospital Pricing Authority
PO Box 483
Darlinghurst NSW 1300
Handwritten submissions will be scanned into PDF documents and uploaded to this page.
If you need help, or have further questions about the Work Program 2018-19 or the submission process, please contact IHPA via email, enquiries.ihpa [at] ihpa.gov.au, or phone, +61 2 8215 1100.