You are here
Development of the admitted care classifications
The Independent Hospital Pricing Authority (IHPA) has released a public consultation paper outlining the major changes for the following classifications used in admitted care:
- Australian Refined Diagnosis Related Groups (AR-DRG) Version 11.0
- International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems, Tenth Revision, Australian Modification (ICD-10-AM) Twelfth Edition
- Australian Classification of Health Interventions (ACHI) Twelfth Edition
- Australian Coding Standards (ACS) Twelfth Edition.
Collectively the diagnosis and intervention classifications/standards are known as ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS and underpin the AR-DRG classification.
IHPA invites all interested stakeholders to provide feedback on the major changes proposed for ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS Twelfth Edition and AR-DRG Version 11.0.
IHPA recognises the importance of engaging a broad audience in this consultation process.
If you or your organisation requires further resources to assist in explaining the ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS or AR-DRG development process, please contact IHPA at enquiries.ihpa [at] health.gov.au.
Submissions for this consultation close at 5pm AEST on Tuesday 22 June 2021.
- Development of the admitted care classifications (PDF)
- Development of the admitted care classifications (Word)
Submissions will be published in their original format on this page as soon as possible after they are received. All submissions will be published unless respondents specifically identify sections that they believe should be kept confidential due to commercial or other reasons.
Submissions should be emailed to submissions.ihpa [at] ihpa.gov.au. Preferred formats include .docx, .pdf and .rtf. If the content has been emailed to IHPA the text of email submissions will be reproduced in Word format.
If you have further questions about the consultation paper or the submission process, please contact IHPA via email at enquiries.ihpa [at] ihpa.gov.au or by phone on +61 2 8215 1100.