The IHPA Clinical Advisory Committee (CAC) was established to ensure that clinicians had an input in the development of a national ABF system through the provision of timely and quality clinical advice to inform Pricing Authority decision making.
The CAC is a key component of the National Health Reform Agreement and the National Health Reform Act 2011, which recognises the critical role of clinicians in the development of Activity Based Funding (ABF).
Members are appointed by the Commonwealth Minister for Health and are drawn from a range of clinical specialties and backgrounds to ensure the CAC represents a wide range of clinical expertise.
Members of the CAC:
- Dr Alasdair MacDonald (Deputy Chair), Internal Medicine
- Prof Gerard Carroll, Cardiology/ Rural
- Prof Peter Macdonald, Transplantation
- A/Prof Paul Varghese, Geriatrics/ Rehabilitation
- Dr Bernard Whitfield, Ear Nose and Throat Surgery/ Injuries/Trauma
- Prof John Turnidge, Infectious Disease
- Dr Philip Hoyle, Administration
- A/Prof Louis Irving, Respiratory/ Indigenous Health
- A/Prof Daryl Williams, Anaesthesia and Pain Management
- Prof Leon Flicker, Geriatrics/ Indigenous Health
- W/Prof Fiona Wood, Burns
- Dr Amanda Ling, Administration
- Dr Amod Karnik, intensive care specialist
- A/Prof Liza Heslop, Nursing/Pregnancy and Childbirth
- Mr Graham J Reynolds, Paediatrics
- Prof Geoff Donnan, Neurology
- Ms Jan Erven, Extended Care Manager, Occupational Therapist
- Prof Sally Tracy, Midwife
- Ms Amber Roberts, Pharmaceuticals
- Ms Alison McMillan, Chief Nurse and Midwifery Officer
- Dr Ruth Vine, Chief Psychiatrist
- Ms Sue Davis, Nursing
- Ms Julie Connell, Allied Health
- Dr Jo Wright, Rural Medical Practice
- A/Prof Melinda Truesdale, emergency care specialist.