You are here
Clinical Advisory Committee
The IHPA Clinical Advisory Committee (CAC) was established to ensure that clinicians had an input in the development of a national activity based funding system through the provision of timely and quality clinical advice to inform Pricing Authority decision making.
The CAC is a key component of the National Health Reform Agreement and the National Health Reform Act 2011, which recognises the critical role of clinicians in the development of activity based funding.
Members are appointed by the Commonwealth Minister for Health and are drawn from a range of clinical specialities and backgrounds to ensure the CAC represents a wide range of clinical expertise.
Members of the CAC:
- A/Prof Alasdair MacDonald (Chair), internal medicine
- Prof Gerard Carroll, cardiology / rural
- Prof Leon Flicker, geriatrics/ Indigenous health
- Ms Nicole Harwood, nursing
- Dr Amod Karnik, intensive care specialist
- Mr Christopher O'Donnell, nursing
- A/Prof Nicole Phillips, administration / anesthesia and pain management
- A/Prof Virginia Plummer, nursing
- Ms Amber Polles, pharmacy
- Dr Elaine Pretorius, administration
- Ms Elizabeth Prowse, mental health
- Dr Phil Sargent, paediatrics
- Dr Tracy Smith, respiratory and palliative care
- A/Prof Joanna Sutherland, anesthesia and pain management / rural
- Ms Monica Taylor, mental health
- A/Prof Melinda Truesdale, emergency care specialist
- A/Prof Paul Varghese, geriatrics / rehabilitation
- A/Prof Andrew Wei, haematology
- A/Prof Bernard Whitfield, ear, nose and throat surgery / injuries / trauma
- Dr Jo Wright, rural medical practice
- Dr Kathryn Zeitz, nursing.