You are here
Australian Refined Diagnosis Related Groups (AR-DRG) Version 10.0
The AR-DRG Version 10.0 (V10.0) was approved by the Pricing Authority in April 2019. It is anticipated that it will be used to price episodes of admitted acute care from 1 July 2020.
The development process has used clinical input, statistical analysis and extensive consultation with clinicians, jurisdictions and other health sector stakeholders.
A major focus for this version was to review the complexity model, specifically the diagnosis exclusions, and its overall stability. Further detail on what was reviewed for AR-DRG Version 10.0 can be found in the Final Report.
AR-DRG Version 10.0 Errata
AR-DRG Version 10.0 Final Report
The AR-DRG Version 10.0 Final Report details the changes and rationale for the refinement process.
AR-DRG Version 10.0 Technical Specifications
This document accompanies the AR-DRG V10.0 Final Report. It provides the methodology and technical specifications used in developing AR-DRG V10.0 including:
- Data preparation and modification
- Derivation of the Episode Clinical Complexity Score (ECCS)
- Adjacent Diagnosis Related Groups (ADRG) splitting review
- ADRG hierarchy review
AR-DRG Version 10.0 Descriptions
The AR-DRG V10.0 descriptions provide a full listing of long and short descriptions for Major Diagnostic Categories, Adjacent Diagnosis Related Groups and Diagnosis Related Groups.
AR-DRG Version 10.0 Definitions Manual Appendices
This document provides an electronic version of the appendices in AR-DRG V10.0 Definitions Manual Volume Three, including:
- Appendix A: Diagnosis Code/MDC/ADRG Index
- Appendix B: Intervention Code/ MDC/ADRG Index
- Appendix C: Diagnosis Complexity Level Exclusions
- Appendix D: Age and Sex Conflicts
- Appendix E: General Interventions