ABF Education and Research Strategy
5. Budget and administrative arrangements
The IHPA budget provides for one full time equivalent (FTE) position at EL1 level allocated to the provision of education and training. This position includes responsibility for:
- managing the conduct of evidence-based ABF-related research;
- educating stakeholders about the operation of the ABF system; and
- managing the delivery of the annual National Casemix and Activity Based Funding Conference.
IHPA has also made provisions for the following funding for education and training activities:
- $450,000 towards the operation of the National Casemix and Activity Based Funding Conference in 2012-13;
- annual funding of $100,000 allocated to stakeholder education; and
- annual funding of $3 million to the University of Wollongong for the development of AR-DRG v7 and updating ICD-10-AM (note: while this contract is currently managed by the Department of Health and Ageing, its ongoing status has not been determined).
Published date: 22 March 2012